TEMPLE OF POSEIDON FOR SUNSET WITH A PRIVATE DRIVER
From €185 per vehicle
5 hour Return Luxury Transfer
At the southernmost point of Attica, about 70 kilometres or 43 miles from the centre of Athens, lies the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounio, erected in the middle of the 5th century BC to honour Poseidon, god of the sea. Witnessing a sunset here is as vivid and magical as the sunsets you’ll find on Santorini. You will be mesmerised by the blankets of reds and oranges that engulf the temple as the sun descends. If you can spare around five hours during your visit to Athens, we highly recommend this experience.
Opting for a private driver is the most time efficient way of reaching this archaeological site. We invited Aris Biliktsis to join our Agora, as he and his team offer one of the most competitively priced, well planned itineraries, that allows the perfect amount of time to explore the archaeological site and enjoy the vivid sunset, without feeling rushed. Best of all, there are no minimum group sizes, you simply pay per vehicle. This means you're at liberty to change the itinerary to suit you. You may only have 3 or 4 hours up your sleeve, Aris is only too happy to accommodate.
What we loved:
The unbelievable sunset shots we were able to capture, backed by the incredible Temple of Poseidon perched at the highest point of the coast. As permanent city dwellers, we found this afternoon excursion incredibly restorative. Dinner at a seaside taverna beneath the glow of the Temple of Poseidon, was a real highlight.
Summer Timetable (April - September)
- 5:30 or 6:00pm pick up from your hotel or apartment (times will adjust automatically when you pick a date)
- 6:45pm or 7:15pm arrive at Cape Sounio to explore and watch the sunset
- 8:15pm or 8:45pm dinner or light meal or no meal, you choose!
- 9:30pm or 10:00pm depart for Athens
- 10:30pm or 11:00pm drop off to your hotel or apartment
- (Note all of the times above will adjust automatically according to the date you book)
TOUR AT A GLANCE
- * Approximately 5 hour round trip door-to-door private transfer
- * English speaking professional driver
- * Transfer by Mercedes Taxi sedan, mini-van, mini-bus or S-Class limousine as per your booking requirements
- * Fuel & toll expenses included
- * All taxes included
- * Guaranteed on time pick up and drop off
- * Mineral water provided during your transfer
- * Wifi available in all vehicles
- * Child safety seats are available on request
Why Athens Tips:
Don’t forget your sunglasses! Wear comfortable walking shoes as there is an ascent up to the archaeological site with areas of rocky terrain. We would rate this walk as low to medium intensity so you don’t need to be super fit. Serious photographers should bring a tripod. There is a kiosk at the landing below the temple that serves light meals and refreshments.
- * 185 euros per vehicle for up to 4 passengers – Mercedes ‘yellow taxi’ Sedan
- * 250 euros per vehicle for up to 7 passengers – Mercedes ‘Viano’ or ‘Vito’ Mini-Van
- * 330 euros per vehicle for up to 3 passengers – Mercedes ‘Sprinter’ Mini-Bus
- * 379 euros per vehicle for up to 13 passengers – Mercedes S-Class Limousine
- * Price is based on a per vehicle basis and is round trip all inclusive
- * Entrance fee to the archaeological site (entrance fees are approximately 4-8 euros per person)
* Gratuities (optional)
- * Meals
* Personal expenses
Your driver can recommend places to eat in close proximity to the Temple of Poseidon depending on what you’re in the mood for (seafood, meat, coffee and sweets). You are not obliged to eat at any of these venues and drivers do not receive any financial rewards from any of these restaurants, they are simply motivated to please you! You can email us at [email protected] for suggestions to places we like to eat near or around Cape Sounio.
- * You may cancel your reservation without penalty up to 72 hours before the scheduled transfer date
- * If you cancel between 72 & 24 hours before the scheduled date of transfer, 50% of the amount will be refunded
- * Cancellation less than 24 hours does not entitle you to a refund
- * In the event that you do not honour your reservation and not inform us of a cancellation, the full transfer fee will be charged
- * Times may vary slightly depending on traffic conditions
- * Times are based on established sunset times, these will vary throughout the year. If you wish to request a different pick-up/start time or even a morning tour, please detail your request in the notes section of the booking form and we will organise it.
- * This service is independently run by a professionally licensed third party operator that we have carefully selected. The operator may contact you leading up to your booking to discuss your itinerary.