HALF DAY TOUR TO THE TEMPLE OF POSEIDON
From €185 up to 4 people
5 hour return luxury transfer
This five hour return day tour from Athens to the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounio, is ideal for those short on time and can be arranged in the morning or afternoon to suit all travel itineraries.
Towering above the Cape Sounio peninsula at the southernmost point of the city, the Temple of Poseidon is a must-see archaeological site that was erected in the middle of the 5th century BC, to honour Poseidon, god of the sea. Thousands of years old and still standing, the majestic columns and structure of Poseidon's temple needs to be seen up close to appreciate its magnificence.
The Temple of Poseidon is approximately 70 kilometres or 43 miles from the centre of Athens, and you can expect a 1 hour 15 minute drive along the scenic coastal road, where you will pass the Athenian Riviera and areas such as Glyfada, Vouliagmeni and Lagonissi. Opting for a private driver for your tour is the most time efficient way of getting there and back to Athens. Our transport partners offer a well-organised itinerary, that allows the perfect amount of time to explore the archaeological site without feeling rushed. There are no minimum group sizes, you simply pay per vehicle and you're at liberty to change the itinerary to suit you.
- Depart 9:00am from central Athens (your driver will be waiting for you at your specified hotel or apartment address)
- 10:15am - 10:30am arrive at the Temple of Poseidon to explore the archaeological site (your driver will be waiting for you at a designated meeting point for your return to Athens)
- 12:15pm break for refreshments
- 12:45pm depart the Temple of Poseidon back for Athens
- 2:00pm drop off at your hotel or apartment
- Depart at 1:00pm from central Athens (your driver will be waiting for you at your specified hotel or apartment address)
- 2:15pm - 2:30pm arrive at the Temple of Poseidon to explore the archaeological site (your driver will be waiting for you at a designated meeting point for your return to Athens)
- 4:15pm break for refreshments
- 4:45pm depart the Temple of Poseidon back for Athens
- 6:00pm drop off at your hotel or apartment
TOUR AT A GLANCE
- * Approximately 4 hour round trip door-to-door
- * English speaking professional drivers
- * Transfer by Mercedes Taxi sedan, mini-van, mini-bus or S-Class limousine as per your booking requirements
- * Fuel & toll expenses included
- * All taxes included
- * Guaranteed on time pick up and drop off
- * Mineral water provided during your transfer
- * Wifi available in all vehicles
- * Child safety seats are available on request
WHY ATHENS TIPS
- * Don’t forget your sunglasses!
- * Wear comfortable walking shoes as there is an ascent up to the archaeological site with areas of rocky terrain. We would rate this walk as low to medium intensity so you don’t need to be super fit
- * There is a kiosk at the landing below the temple that serves light refreshments
- * 185 euros per vehicle for up to 4 passengers – Mercedes Taxi Sedan
- * 250 euros per vehicle for up to 7 passengers – Mercedes ‘Viano’ or ‘Vito’ Mini-Van
- * 330 euros per vehicle for up to 13 passengers – Mercedes ‘Sprinter’ Mini-Bus
- * 379 euros per vehicle for up to 3 passengers – Mercedes S-Class Limousine
- * Price is based on a per vehicle basis.
- * Entrance fee to the archaeological site (entrance fees are currently 8 euros per person)
- * Gratuities (optional)
- * Meals & refreshments
- * Personal expenses
- * All taxes are included in the price
- * Your driver will not escort you into the archaeological site, he will be waiting in the designated vehicle area adjacent to the site entrance
- * Times may vary slightly depending on traffic conditions
- * You may cancel your reservation without penalty up to 72 hours before the scheduled transfer date
- * If you cancel between 72 & 24 hours before the scheduled date of transfer, 50% of the amount will be refunded
- * Cancellation less than 24 hours does not entitle you to a refund
- * In the event that you do not honour your reservation and not inform us of a cancellation, the full transfer fee will be charged
- * If you wish to request a different pick-up/start time, please detail your request in the notes section of the booking form and we will organise it.
- * Tours do not operate on Christmas Day, 26th December, Easter Sunday and national holidays.
- * This service is independently run by a professionally licensed third party operator that we have carefully selected. The operator may contact you leading up to your booking to discuss your itinerary.