HALF DAY TOUR TO THE TEMPLE OF POSEIDON
From €169 incl taxes
Singles, Couples, Families or Groups
5 hour Return Luxury Transfer
Towering above the Cape Sounio peninsula at the southernmost point of Attica, the Temple of Poseidon is a must-see archaeological site that was erected in the middle of the 5th century BC, to honour Poseidon, god of the sea. This five hour return day tour from Athens can be arranged in the morning or afternoon to suit your travel itinerary.
Your private journey departs from central Athens travelling along the picturesque coastline known unofficially as the Athens Riviera, heading south towards the Temple of Poseidon. Your first stop will see you at Lake Vouliagmeni, located beneath the remains of a limestone cavern.
Admire its magnificent landscape or swim in the therapeutic waters that are fed by underground springs of salt and mineral-rich freshwater with a comfortable temperature of 25 degrees Celsius. Your drive will continue on to Cape Sounio where Poseidon’s temple awaits you.
What you can expect:
Start: You will be picked up from your hotel or apartment
Drive through Athens toward the Athenian Riviera | 30-40 minutes
Arrive at Lake Vouliagmeni for photos, refreshments and swimming if desired | 30-60 minutes
Depart Lake Vouliagmeni for Cape Sounio | 45 minutes
Arrive at Cape Sounio and explore the archaeological site of the Temple of Poseidon | 60-90 minutes
Depart for Athens | 70-80 minutes
Finish: You will be dropped off to your hotel, apartment or as requested in Athens
- * Approximately 5 hour round trip door-to-door private transfer
- * English speaking professional driver
- * Transfer by Mercedes Taxi sedan, mini-van, mini-bus or S-Class limousine as per your request
- * Fuel, tolls and taxes included
- * Mineral water provided during your transfer
- * Wi-Fi available in all vehicles
- * Child safety seats are available on request
Why Athens Tips:
Don’t forget your swimming costume and towel if you would like to swim! Change room facilities are available at the Lake. Sunglasses and hat are advisable.
Wear comfortable walking shoes as there is an ascent up to the Temple of Poseidon archaeological site with some areas of rocky terrain. We would rate this walk as low to medium intensity so you don’t need to be super fit. Serious photographers should bring a tripod.
There is a restaurant and kiosk at both the Lake and the archaeological site serving light meals and refreshments.
- * 169 euros for up to 4 passengers – Mercedes Taxi Sedan
- * 219 euros for up to 7 passengers – Mercedes Mini-Van
- * 289 euros for up to 13 passengers – Mercedes Mini-Bus
- * 365 euros for up to 3 passengers – Mercedes S-Class Limousine
- * All prices are inclusive of taxes and tolls
- * Entrance fee to Lake Vouliagmeni & the Temple of Poseidon archaeological site
- * Gratuities (optional)
- * Meals & personal expenses
- * Itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. You are not obliged to swim at the Lake
- * You may cancel your reservation without penalty up to 72 hours before the scheduled transfer date
- * If you cancel between 72 & 24 hours before the scheduled date of transfer, 50% of the amount will be refunded
- * Cancellation less than 24 hours does not entitle you to a refund - no-shows = forfeiture of booking
- * Times may vary slightly depending on traffic conditions
- * Drivers are not official tour guides and will not enter the archaeological sites with you.
- * This service is independently run by a professionally licensed third-party operator that we have carefully selected. The operator may contact you leading up to your booking to discuss your itinerary.