PRIVATE GUIDED TOUR OF THE ACROPOLIS
Small Groups from €70pp
What you can expect
Through beautiful cobble-paved pathways you will reach the base of the Acropolis where under the watchful eye of your expert licensed guide, you will climb to the top reaching what is widely accepted as the navel of Western Civilisation. Walk through the Propylaea, the imposing marble-gate of the Acropolis that is a mix of Doric and Ionic columns. Take a look at the iconic Temple of Athena Nike and get the chance to know the Greek maidens or Caryatids that support the Erechtheion.
The Parthenon awaits to show off its architectural beauty and its harmonious structure where you will learn all about its secrets and the beauty behind its construction.
Visitors will also see the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the iconic open air theatre below the southwest slope. As you descend, you will visit the ancient theatre of Dionysus where theatrical performances took place in ancient Athens.
This tour offers a detailed narrative of the Acropolis and is ideal for those wanting an in depth understanding of the Acropolis and its history. The tour ends close to the Acropolis metro station for further independent exploration.
You can book a private pick up to transfer you to or from the port of Piraeus or Athens International Airport if required. (A separate booking is required and we will manage both for you, to co-ordinate with your tour times).
WHAT WE LOVED
* Fascinating insights you won’t read about in guide books.
* A private Acropolis tour lets you bypass the crowds and move at a pace that is right for you
* Entry tickets are all pre-arranged in advance, so there is no waiting around in lengthy queues.
* Two children per group up to the age of 10 go free* (more info below)
WHY ATHENS TIPS
* Wear comfortable walking shoes as there is an ascent up to the archaeological site. We would rate this walk as low to medium intensity, you don’t need to be super fit. Don’t forget your sunglasses, sunscreen and a good hat during summer.
* There is a kiosk at the entry below the Acropolis that serves drinks and light refreshments. You are only allowed to enter the site with water.
* The most delicious Greek yoghurt is close by, so be sure to check it out before or after your tour!
Persons over 11 years of age:
- €58-70pp for 5-6 people
- €70pp for 4 people
- €85pp for 3 people
- €110pp for 2 people
- €220 for 1 person
- Children up to 10 years old go free (up to 2 kids for free)
- 3 Children €30
- 4-5 Children €50
- 6-7 Children €70
- Entrance fee to the Acropolis payable to guide on the day at cost
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- * All taxes are included in the price
- * In case of rain, you will be notified about any changes to your scheduled walk
- * According to Greek law, only a licensed tour guide is allowed to take you to into an archaeological site, a church, museum or around monuments. Licensed and accredited guides in Greece undergo extensive study and training.
- * You may cancel your reservation without penalty up to 72 hours before the scheduled tour date
- * If you cancel 48 hours before the scheduled tour date, 50% of the amount will be refunded
- * Cancellation 24 hours before or less does not entitle you to a refund
- * In the event that you do not honour your reservation and not inform us of a cancellation, the full tour fee will be charged.
- * Tours do not operate on Christmas Day, 26th December, Easter Sunday and national holidays.
- * This tour is independently run by a professionally licensed third party operator that we have carefully selected. The operator of the tour will contact you to organise your meeting point and start time closer to the date of the tour