MOUTHWATERING FOOD TOUR OF ATHENS
What you can expect
Your culinary journey begins in Syntagma Square in central Athens. Within minutes you will have a warm pretzel like bread-ring in your hands, purchased from a local street vendor. Then you’re off on foot through hidden lanes and unassuming back streets where along the way, you will taste delicious rice puddings with a twist and stop by one of the oldest bakeries in Athens for a feta cheese pie. A few twists and turns later, you’ll come across an old style cafeteria renowned for its “loukoumades” or Greek style doughnuts that are warm, light and fluffy, topped with a golden honey like syrup. It will be time for coffee soon and you can opt for a real deal Greek coffee made the traditional way on hot sand and you’ll learn about spoon sweets, which are fruits preserved in sugary syrup, that are often served with coffee and are delicious.
WHAT WE LOVED
* As a private tour, your guide can customise the food experience to meet your dietary needs.
* Ideal for couples or groups travelling together with or without children
WHY ATHENS TIPS
* Try and organise this tour as one of the first things you do in Athens as it will give you useful pointers of the foods you want to eat more of throughout your visit.
* Bring a bottle of water and wear comfortable walking shoes, to move easily around the streets of Athens. We would rate this walk as low intensity, you don’t need to be super fit. In summer, bring a hat, sunglasses and sun-block.
- €230 for 1 person
- €115pp for 2 people
- €85-100pp for 3-4 people
- €75pp for 5 people
- €65pp for 6 people
- €65pp for 7 people
Children between 6-10 years of age (kids up to 5 go free):
- 1 Child €25
- 2 Children €50
- 3 Children €75
- 4 Children €100
- 5-6 Children €125
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any other personal expenses besides food which is part of the tour
- * All special dietary requests can be made in the notes section of your booking.
- * All taxes are included in the price
- * In case of rain, you will be notified about any changes to your scheduled walk
- * According to Greek law, only a licensed tour guide is allowed to take you to into an archaeological site, a church, museum or around monuments. Licensed and accredited guides in Greece undergo extensive study and training.
- * You may cancel your reservation without penalty up to 72 hours before the scheduled tour date
- * If you cancel 48 hours before the scheduled tour date, 50% of the amount will be refunded
- * Cancellation 24 hours before or less does not entitle you to a refund
- * In the event that you do not honour your reservation and not inform us of a cancellation, the full tour fee will be charged.
- * Tours do not operate on Christmas Day, 26th December, Easter Sunday and national holidays.
- * This tour is independently run by a professionally licensed third party operator that we have carefully selected. The operator of the tour will contact you to organise your meeting point and start time closer to the date of the tour