MYCENAE + EPIDAURUS + NAFPLION IN A DAY
From €295 incl taxes
Singles, Couples, Families or Groups
This three-pronged trail within the region of Argolis in the Peloponnese will satisfy lovers of archaeology, ancient history and Greek mythology, all of which converge at the sites of Ancient Mycenae, Ancient Epidaurus and the picturesque town of Nafplion.
What you will see:
- * The Corinth Canal
- * The ancient kingdom of Mycenae
- * Mycenae Archaeological Museum
- * The sanctuary of Epidaurus including its ancient theatre of perfect acoustics
- * Ancient Epidaurus Archaeological Museum
- * Nafplion Old Town for lunch
- * Palamidi Fort + Castle
TRIP IN DETAIL
Beginning your private journey from Athens, your first stop will see you at the Corinth Canal, the famous 6.4km (4 miles) long, 21.4-metre wide isthmus that separates the Peloponnese from the mainland, for remarkable photo opportunities.
Heading south-west for a short drive you will arrive at the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Mycenae, that is among the most important and richest centres of the Late Bronze Age in Greece, with the Mycenaean civilization one of the greatest of Greek pre-history. Poets and writers were inspired over many centuries, like Homer, who wrote his mythological tales and epic stories, that become ever more vivid at this site.
Passing through the Lions Gate, you will see the Mycenaean Acropolis or citadel, the Treasury of Atreus (also knows as the Tomb of Agamemnon) and the ruins of the Cyclopean walls that once protected this ancient city, ending your visit at the Archaeological Museum of Mycenae.
Continuing on you’ll reach the sanctuary of Epidaurus, a site as important and unfaltering through history and one of the most complete from antiquity. Within a nature-like reserve, you will explore the ancient theatre renowned for its perfect proportions and acoustics, the Temples of Artemis and Asklepios, the Tholos, the Enkoimeterion, the Propylaia, and more.
The final leg of your tour will see you venture towards Nafplion, stopping by the fort and castle of Palamidi that are excellent examples of Venetian architecture. Free time for lunch and/or refreshments is scheduled in the old town of Nafplion, one of Greece’s most picturesque towns, that is full of natural beauty and charming cobblestoned alleyways.
Your private journey concludes after your driver drops you at your hotel or apartment in Athens.
- * Approximately 8-9 hour round trip door-to-door private transfer
- * English speaking professional driver
- * Transfer by Mercedes Taxi sedan, mini-van or mini-bus as per your request
- * Fuel, tolls and taxes included
- * Mineral water provided during your transfer
- * Wi-Fi available in all vehicles
- * Child safety seats are available on request
Why Athens Tips:
* We recommend you start your journey, departing Athens by 9:00am or 10:00am to have plenty of time to explore all of the sites.
* Don’t forget your sunglasses! Wear comfortable walking shoes as there is an ascent up to the archaeological site with areas of rocky terrain. We would rate this walk as low to medium intensity so you don’t need to be super fit.
- * 295 euros for up to 4 passengers – Mercedes Taxi Sedan
- * 355 euros for up to 7 passengers – Mercedes Mini-Van
- * 470 euros for up to 13 passengers – Mercedes Mini-Bus
- * All prices are inclusive of taxes and tolls
- * Any entrance fees to the archaeological site or museum
- * Meals & personal expenses
- * Gratuities (optional)
- * Archaeological guide if requested
- * Itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Contact us here on LiveChat to discuss alternatives
- * There are no meals included in the trip price. Your driver can provide many suggestions for lunch at any price point
- * You may cancel your reservation without penalty up to 72 hours before the scheduled transfer date
- * If you cancel between 72 & 24 hours before the scheduled date of transfer, 50% of the amount will be refunded
- * Cancellation less than 24 hours does not entitle you to a refund - no-shows = forfeiture of booking
- * Times may vary slightly depending on traffic conditions
- * Drivers are knowledgeable but not official tour guides and will not enter the archaeological site with you.
- * This service is independently run by a professionally licensed third-party operator that we have carefully selected. The operator may contact you leading up to your booking to discuss your itinerary.