FARM TO FORK DINING EXPERIENCE AT THE MARGI FARM
€79pp all inclusive
June - October
Thursday nights at 6pm
If you like the idea of farm to fork eating, then this rare dining experience, presented by the luxurious boutique hotel The Margi, will surely appeal. Whether you’re staying at the hotel or not, all are welcome to enjoy.
What you can expect
Departing from The Margi hotel, which is located in the coastal suburb of Vouliagmeni, visitors will head inland to the hotel’s 20-acre farm in Kalyvia, around a 30 minute drive away. This is a unique opportunity to eat authentic and organic Greek cuisine, in a beautiful and natural, rural environment.
Surrounded by olive trees, vegetable gardens and animals that are treated as part of the family, you will be taken on a guided walk around the farm by The Margi’s knowledgeable agronomists, who will share their philosophy of planting their crops, which adheres to old farming techniques, that are strictly chemical free.
As the magical colours of twilight descend, a pre-dinner aperitif of “tsipouro” (a pure grape distillate) is served, before proceeding to the banquet area, beneath a thatched pergola. A carefully designed menu awaits, based solely on what’s in season and cultivated from the farm.
From beginning to end, as you move through the menu, you will appreciate the simplicity of these Greek dishes, such as; fresh farm eggs with tomato, wild greens, soft cheeses made from goat’s milk and slow roasted lamb, cooked rotisserie style, over hot coals. The lamb, along with the other meats available, have been carefully selected, with a traceable provenance to farms in Greece.
You will dine al fresco, around an old monastery style table, that was brought in from Mt. Athos and overlooks the natural beauty of the farm. With the smells of lavender in the near distance and the power of the Greek bouzouki strumming in the background, you will appreciate what it really means to be in Greece.
Every small detail has been carefully conceived and is the level of hospitality you would expect from one of Athens’ best luxury boutique hotels. Your hosts provide a very warm and casual atmosphere and will be one of the best experiences of Greece to take home with you.
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE
* Depart The Margi Hotel in Vouliagmeni at 6:00pm in the hotel's coach
*Arrive at the Margi Farm about 25 minutes later and start with a welcome drink
* A guided walk around the farm’s grounds
* Meet the farm animals
* A Greek BBQ dining experience, with farm-grown seasonal vegetables
* Traditional Greek bouzouki to accompany the meal
* Return approx. 10:00pm to The Margi Hotel
WHAT WE LOVED
* An intimate sized group provides a personalised experience
* Perfect for families. Children will love Billy the rescue donkey and Stelios the enthusiastic goat who adores visitors and photographs
* The farm also makes its own olive oil which is delicious and used throughout the meal
* Locally sourced wines accompany the meal
* You can book your own private experience as a group or for a romantic experience with your loved one. Starting from 400 euros for two people. Email us for availability and a quote: [email protected]
Why Athens Tips: Go hungry! Dress is smart casual. We suggest comfortable shoes to walk around the farm.
* Persons over 12 years of age: €79 per person
* Children between 2 and 12 years of age: €39.50 per person
* Infants up to 2 years old go free
- Dinner, drinks and entertainment
- Transfers to and from the farm by coach from The Margi Hotel in Vouliagmeni
- If you are not staying at the hotel, visitors must make their own travel arrangements to the hotel in time for a 6:00pm departure to the farm
- Visitors should also make their own travel plans at the end of the evening, after arriving back to The Margi hotel. The hotel is located approximately 20km from the centre of Athens and taxis are readily available outside the hotel for your convenience
- * Can cater to dietary requests. Please specify in the notes section of your booking
- * All taxes are included in the price
- * The Margi Farm to Fork dining experience is only held on Thursdays and for a limited number of guests on a first booked basis
- * The Farm can be hired out for private group lunches and dinners on other days. Please email us for private booking enquiries: [email protected]
- * In case of rain, you will be notified about any changes to your farm experience
- * On rare occasions and due to the popularity of this activity, your booking may have to be declined and refunded if an overbooking occurs. You will be informed of this in as short as time possible after making your booking
- * You may cancel your reservation without penalty up to 96 hours before 6pm on the scheduled date of your farm tour
- * If you cancel between 48 & 96 hours before the scheduled date of your farm tour, 50% of the amount will be refunded
- * In the event that you do not honour your reservation and not inform us of a cancellation, the full tour fee will be charged
- * Tours do not operate on national holidays and other block-out dates may apply from time to time
- * This experience is independently run by a professionally licensed third party operator that we have carefully selected. The operator may contact you to organise your farm experience