LANDMARKS OF ATHENS PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR + WORKSHOP
€79pp all inclusive
Tues, Thurs & Sat
Starts at 9:30am
What you can expect
Athens is heralded with its raw and natural light. This four hour landmarks of Athens photographic tour and workshop will provide photography lovers the opportunity to capture this special light inside the ancient city of the Acropolis and the Panathenaic Stadium, to create powerful images that tell a story.
Your photography tour and workshop begins at the base of the Acropolis, where you will meet your photographic guide for a briefing session, before climbing to the top of Acropolis Hill, walking through the imposing marble-gate of the Propylaea.
Inside, you will capture sweeping landscapes from the belvedere platform and the city of Athens, as she stretches out from her surrounding mountainous ranges down to the Aegean Sea. You’ll make your way around to the Parthenon, Temple of Athena Nike and the Erechtheion, zooming in on their architectural features and the timeless Ionic and Doric columns.
Following your descent down Acropolis Hill, you will begin one of our favourite walks towards the Panathenaic Stadium, taking in important sites and monuments along the way including, Hadrian’s Arch, Temple of Olympian Zeus and the glorious building of Zappeion at the National Gardens, before finally reaching the iconic Panathenaic Stadium.
Known for hosting the first modern Olympic Games in 1896, the Panathenaic Stadium is one of the most impressive sites to visit in Athens and also one of the hardest to photograph. Under the guidance of your experienced photographer, you will unlock the best ways of capturing the entire stadium from different heights, as well as honing into important details and features such as the marble thrones used by the royal family and the underground passage where athletes enter the stadium.
The workshop will end at the Panathenaic stadium where you are perfectly placed to stroll back through the National Gardens to Syntagma Square or in close proximity to the upmarket district of Kolonaki for shopping or lunch.
We have carefully selected this group of professional photographers, as they are committed teachers and avid travellers who will be able to simply convey useful and practical knowledge to improve your photography skills and capture the very best of these two Athenian landmarks. All photographers have been professionally trained and have worked in the field for more than 20 years.
This photography tour is offered in the mornings at 9:30am on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The meeting point to start the tour will be confirmed by the photographer after your booking confirmation.
WHAT WE LOVED
* Photography opens up another dimension to exploring these sites
* This workshop is easy to follow and suitable for people of all levels of experience
* Practical tips you can apply easily such as understanding light, composition and framing to create photos that make an impact
WHY ATHENS TIPS
* Try to keep your hands as free as possible by using a cross body bag or backpack.
* Professional gear or a DSLR camera are not required to participate in this workshop. IPhone photography is possible.
* Wear comfortable walking shoes as there is an ascent up to the archaeological site. We would rate this walk as low to medium intensity, you don’t need to be super fit. Don’t forget your sunglasses, sunscreen and a good hat during summer.
* There is a kiosk at the entry below the Acropolis that serves drinks and light refreshments. You are only allowed to enter the archaeological sites with water.
* €79 per person all inclusive
* If you would like to organise this tour as a private group from 1 - 6 people or on a different day of the week, get in touch and email us your requirements at: [email protected] or via the ‘Live Chat’ panel below.
- * This tour is offered in the mornings at 9:30am on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- * This tour is semi-private, where you may participate in a group size of up to 6 people
- * Your guide will provide you with photographic skills suitable to your level of experience covering such things as composition, angles and technical information. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a questionnaire form from the tour operator to establish your photography experience and to better understand what you hope to get out of your workshop
- * Your photographic guide will not provide any archaeological information during your workshop
- * All taxes are included in the price
- * In case of rain, you will be notified about any changes to your scheduled workshop
- * You may cancel your reservation without penalty up to 72 hours before the scheduled tour date
- * If you cancel between 72 & 48 hours before the scheduled tour date, 50% of the amount will be refunded
- * Cancellation within 48 hours of the scheduled start time or less does not entitle you to a refund
- * In the event that you do not honour your reservation and not inform us of a cancellation, the full tour fee will be charged
- * Tours do not operate on Christmas Day, 26th December, Easter Weekend and national holidays.
- * This tour is independently run by a professionally licensed third party operator that we have carefully selected. The operator of the tour will contact you to organise your meeting point and start time closer to the date of the tour