A GREEK BREAKFAST + GUIDED TOUR OF THE ACROPOLIS
Small Groups from €90pp
What you can expect
Start the day with a delicious Greek breakfast in a traditional deli that is within walking distance to the Acropolis before embarking on your private guided tour. Your breakfast of holistic goodness includes recipes from all over Greece such as “froutalia” a delicious omelette from Andros or “kagianas” of scrambled eggs with tomato, feta cheese and onions. Other favourites of authentic Greek yoghurt, cheeses, cold cuts and freshly baked bread are also available. Your breakfast will be hosted by your licensed guide who will introduce you to the Greek way of life and the day ahead.
Through beautiful cobble-paved pathways you will reach the base of the Acropolis where under the watchful eye of your expert licensed guide, you will climb to the top reaching what is widely accepted as the navel of Western Civilisation. Walk through the Propylaea, the imposing marble-gate of the Acropolis that is a mix of Doric and Ionic columns. Take a look at the Ionic Temple of Athena Nike and get the chance to know the Greek maidens or Caryatids that support the Erechtheion.
The Parthenon awaits to show off its architectural beauty and its harmonious structure where you will learn all about its secrets and the beauty behind its construction.
WHAT WE LOVED
* Athens is beautiful first thing in the morning and this is the perfect way to enjoy it. We loved the idea of less crowds at this time of the day.
* The tour is a great introduction to the city of the Acropolis and the Parthenon. If you haven’t visited the museum, you’re perfectly positioned to explore it independently.
* Breaking bread with your tour guide to start the day is a great way to get comfortable with asking questions and immersing yourself in history during the tour.
* Entry tickets are all pre-arranged in advance, so there is no waiting around in lengthy queues.
WHY ATHENS TIPS
* This is an ideal tour for those staying in short-term accommodation apartments such as Air BnB where breakfast is not offered.
* Wear comfortable walking shoes as there is an ascent up to the archaeological site. We would rate this walk as low to medium intensity, you don’t need to be super fit. Don’t forget your sunglasses, sunscreen and a good hat during summer.
* There is a kiosk at the entry below the Acropolis that serves drinks and light refreshments. You are only allowed to enter the site with water.
Persons over 11 years of age:
- * €75pp for 6 people
- * €78pp for 5 people
- * €90pp for 4 people
- * €100pp for 3 people
- * €140pp for 2 people
- * €280 for 1 person
Children 6-10yrs old (children 5 and under go free):
- 1 Child €10
- 2 Children €20
- 3 Children €30
- 4-5 Children €50
- 6-7 Children €70
- Entrance fee to the Acropolis is payable to the guide on the day at cost
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- * All taxes are included in the price
- * In case of rain, you will be notified about any changes to your scheduled walk
- * According to Greek law, only a licensed tour guide is allowed to take you to into an archaeological site, a church, museum or around monuments. Licensed and accredited guides in Greece undergo extensive study and training.
- * You may cancel your reservation without penalty up to 72 hours before the scheduled tour date
- * If you cancel 48 hours before the scheduled tour date, 50% of the amount will be refunded
- * Cancellation 24 hours before or less does not entitle you to a refund
- * In the event that you do not honour your reservation and not inform us of a cancellation, the full tour fee will be charged.
- * Tours do not operate on Christmas Day, 26th December, Easter Sunday and national holidays.
- * This tour is independently run by a professionally licensed third party operator that we have carefully selected. The operator of the tour will contact you to organise your meeting point and start time closer to the date of the tour