BEST OF ATHENS + CAPE SOUNIO TOUR IN A DAY
From €250 incl taxes
Singles, Couples, Families or Groups
8-hour tour of Athens by car
What you'll see:
Acropolis • Parthenon • Hadrians Arch • Temple of Olympian Zeus • Panathenaic Stadium • Lycabettus Hill • Hellenic Parliament Building • Changing of the Guards • Trilogy of Athens • Athens Riviera • Cape Sounio Peninsula • Temple of Poseidon
This full day sightseeing tour combines the best sites of Athens with the city’s must-see riviera where you can have lunch by the sea. In the convenience and luxury of a Mercedes air-conditioned vehicle, you will then head to the Cape Sounio peninsula at the southernmost point of Attica to admire the Temple of Poseidon.
Suggested itinerary for your Athens full-day tour:
- Pick up from your hotel, apartment or Piraeus port (perfect for cruise ship passengers)
- Acropolis & Parthenon (1hr 30 mins)
- Hadrian’s Arch and Temple of Olympian Zeus (20 mins)
- Trilogy of Athens (10 mins)
- Panathenaic Stadium (30 mins)
- Lycabettus Hill (20 mins)
- Changing of the Guards (20 mins)
- Lunch break (45 mins)
- Temple of Poseidon (60 mins)
- Drop off to your nominated location
The order of your itinerary can change according to your needs or may vary slightly depending on traffic conditions.
TOUR IN DETAIL
You begin this private journey around the historical centre where you will be dropped off to explore the ancient city of the Acropolis on foot to discover its many temples including the Parthenon, Temple of Athena Nike and others.
Your driver awaits to take you to the enclosed site of Hadrianopolis, an architectural park that was six centuries in the making. Here you’ll find the grand columns of the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the famous Arch of Hadrian.
Your tour continues to uncover a more modern side of Athens at the famous Triptych (The National Library, Kapodistrian University of Athens and the Academy of Athens) that spans three blocks and regarded as the city’s most beautiful and important neo-classical buildings.
A short drive from here will find you at the Panathenaic Stadium, home of the first modern Olympic games and the only stadium in the world built entirely of marble.
Driving through the upmarket suburb of Kolonaki your driver will ascend to the mid-section of Lycabettus Hill for some of the best views of Athens.
Your private car journey makes its way back towards Syntagma Square where you will stop to witness and photograph the Changing of the Guards in front of Greek Parliament.
From here it’s time to head along the picturesque coastline, known unofficially as the Athens Riviera stopping along the way for lunch and refreshments overlooking the sea.
Your private journey continues, heading south towards the Temple of Poseidon that towers above the Cape Sounio peninsula, erected in the middle of the 5th century BC, to honour Poseidon - god of the sea.
Your driver will transfer you back to your hotel or apartment in central Athens or the Port of Piraeus.
WHAT WE LOVED
* Being able to take in all the major sites of Athens and also venture along the gorgeous coastline all in a day
* Endless photo opportunities
* The luxury of having an air-conditioned car on standby and not having to walk everywhere!
- * Approximately 8 hour round trip door-to-door private transfer
- * English speaking professional driver
- * Transfer by Mercedes Taxi sedan, mini-van, mini-bus or S-Class limousine as per your request
- * Fuel, tolls and taxes included
- * Mineral water provided during your transfer
- * Wi-Fi available in all vehicles
- * Child safety seats are available on request
Why Athens Tips:
* We recommend a skip the line ticket be purchased independently for the Acropolis during the summer season to avoid lengthy queues. You can combine this with an audio tour to get more out of your visit. Info here.
* Wear comfortable walking shoes as there is an ascent up to the Acropolis and the Temple of Poseidon, with areas of rocky terrain. We would rate this walk as low to medium intensity, you don’t need to be super fit. Don’t forget your sunglasses!
* There is a kiosk at the landing below the Acropolis and at the Temple of Poseidon for refreshments
- * 250 euros for up to 4 passengers – Mercedes Taxi Sedan
- * 390 euros for up to 7 passengers – Mercedes Mini-Van
- * All prices are inclusive of taxes and tolls
- * Any entrance fees to the Acropolis or other archaeological sites
- * Meals & personal expenses
- * Gratuities (optional)
- * Itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Contact us here on LiveChat to discuss alternatives
- * There are no meals included in the trip price. Your driver can provide many suggestions for lunch at any price point
- * You may cancel your reservation without penalty up to 72 hours before the scheduled transfer date
- * If you cancel between 72 & 24 hours before the scheduled date of transfer, 50% of the amount will be refunded
- * Cancellation less than 24 hours does not entitle you to a refund - no-shows = forfeiture of booking
- * Times may vary slightly depending on traffic conditions
- * Drivers are knowledgeable but not official tour guides and will not enter the archaeological site with you.
- * This service is independently run by a professionally licensed third-party operator that we have carefully selected. The operator may contact you leading up to your booking to discuss your itinerary.