Athens to Epidaurus Theatre Bus Transfers
" Information supplied was splendid, questions asked were well replied, friendly driver, everything tip top "
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Marie-Louise, traveller from Denmark. July 2018
Special Offer: 21 June – 10 August 2019
Every year from June to August, the ancient theatre of Epidaurus comes alive with a full programme of theatre, music and dance as part of the annual Athens and Epidaurus Festival. If you’re visiting Athens during these summer months, this is the ideal way to see this ancient site in all its glory, renowned for its exemplary acoustics. From Sophocles’ ‘Oedipus’ to Aristophanes’ ‘The Clouds’, there is something special about seeing an ancient Greek tragedy, drama or comedy on the same stage where they were performed in 440BC!
We are pleased to offer this special return shuttle bus transfer from Athens on the days that performances are held at Epidaurus theatre for 55 euros per person (this is the total cost per person for a return transport seat). Please note this transfer does not include theatre tickets, visitors must arrange for their own tickets in advance. Please refer to the full programme with ticket pre-purchase information.
What you can expect
The famous ancient theatre of Epidaurus was constructed in the late 4th century BC, around the time when Athens was flourishing in art, philosophy, science and of course theatre and has a capacity of more than 12,000 spectators. Epidaurus theatre is located within the archaeological site of the Sanctuary of Asklepios in Palea Epidaurus in the region of Argolis, a two hour drive from Athens.
Our team of professional drivers will collect you from a designated meeting point in Syntagma Square, in the centre of Athens, at 4:45pm on the day of a performance. You will be transported in a luxurious and air-conditioned shuttle bus direct to the ancient theatre of Epidaurus. On arrival, you will have approximately one to two hours to explore the archaeological site or have a quick meal at one of the casual tavernas found within the grounds of the site before the performance commences at 9:00pm.
Following the performance, your driver will be waiting at a designated area to take you back to Athens. You will be dropped off at the same point you were collected in Syntagma Square. Please note: Return times to Athens vary depending on the duration of performances. Estimated return arrival time in Athens: 1:30-2.00am.
ADDITIONAL BOOKING INFORMATION
Drivers will regularly check the progress of the concert for an accurate pick up time should it finish early or overrun. There are no extra charges due to the performance running overtime.
- * 100% peace of mind and convenience
- * No after hours rates or hidden fees
- * Your driver can recommend places to eat within the grounds of the ancient theatre of Epidaurus. You are not obliged to eat at any of these venues and drivers do not receive any financial rewards from any of these restaurants, they are simply motivated to please you!
- * High heel shoes are not permitted into the theatre
- * Children under the age of 6 are not permitted into the theatre
- * You may cancel your reservation without penalty up to 7 days before the scheduled transfer date
- * Cancellation less than 7 days prior does not entitle you to a refund
- * In the event that you do not honour your reservation and not inform us of a cancellation, the full transfer fee will be charged
- * This tour is independently run by a professionally licensed third party operator that we have carefully selected. The operator of the tour may contact you to organise your meeting point and start time closer to the date of the tour
- * Tickets to any of the performances
- * Entrance fee to the archaeological site (should you wish to enter prior to the performance)
- * Gratuities (optional)
- * Meals
- * Personal expenses