ATHENS STREET PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR + WORKSHOP
€79pp all inclusive
Mon, Wed & Fri
Starts at 10:00am
"Best investment in photography training ever"
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Shafik, traveller from Portugal. May 2018
What you can expect
Unlock the colourful neighbourhoods of Psiri and Monastriraki in central Athens, under the watchful eye of a local professional photographer. Moving beyond landscapes and monuments, this Athens street photography tour and workshop will bring another dimension to your experience of the Greek capital.
Through small narrow streets to large “plateia” or squares, you will capture the flavour of modern Athens and its people, along with the vibrant street art and traditional workshops from coppersmiths to sandal makers.
Framing and timing will be the key aspects of this workshop, to create images that are decisive and poignant. Psiri and Monastiraki are brimming with urban character and tremendous photographic opportunities. Your guide will train your eye to capture images that make an impact and teach you how to navigate your surroundings whilst working with light, colour and different backgrounds.
You will expand your ability to choose compelling subjects and portray them in more meaningful ways. The best travel experiences occur when meeting locals and a camera provides the perfect way to overcome all sorts of barriers and discover the authentic culture.
We have carefully selected this group of professional photographers, as they are committed teachers and avid travellers and will be able to simply convey, useful and practical knowledge to improve your photography skills and capture the very best of these two areas of Athens. Each of the photographers have been professionally trained and have worked in the field for more than 20 years.
This photography tour is offered in the mornings at 10:00am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The meeting point to start the tour will be confirmed by the photographer after your booking confirmation.
WHAT WE LOVED
* This tour and workshop allows you to explore many aspects of street photography which is more candid in its approach. You’ll end up with interesting stories through your photos
* This tour and workshop is easy to follow and suitable for people of all levels of experience. Professional photographic equipment is not essential to enjoy and benefit from this workshop
* DSLR or mirrorless camera users will gain a better technical understanding of how to use their camera’s body, lenses and various settings
WHY ATHENS TIPS
* Bring your camera and any other bits of equipment you would like to road test
* Try to keep your hands as free as possible by using a cross body bag or backpack
* Wear comfortable walking shoes. We would rate walking around these neighbourhoods as low intensity. Don’t forget your sunglasses, sunscreen and a good hat during summer
* €79 per person all inclusive
* If you would like to organise this tour as a private group from 1 - 6 people or on a different day of the week, get in touch and email us your requirements at: [email protected] or via the ‘Live Chat’ panel below.
- * Gratuities (optional)
- * Personal expenses
- * This tour is offered in the mornings at 10:00am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- * This tour is semi-private, where you may participate in a group size of up to 6 people
- * Your guide will provide you with photographic skills suitable to your level of experience covering such things as composition, angles and technical information. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a questionnaire form from the tour operator to establish your photography experience and to better understand what you hope to get out of your workshop
- * Your photographic guide will not provide any archaeological information during your workshop
- * All taxes are included in the price
- * In case of rain, you will be notified about any changes to your scheduled walk
- * You may cancel your reservation without penalty up to 72 hours before the scheduled tour date
- * If you cancel between 72 & 48 hours before the scheduled tour date, 50% of the amount will be refunded
- * Cancellation within 48 hours of the scheduled start time or less does not entitle you to a refund
- * In the event that you do not honour your reservation and not inform us of a cancellation, the full tour fee will be charged.
- * Tours do not operate on Christmas Day, 26th December, Easter Weekend and national holidays.
- * This tour is independently run by a professional third party operator that we have carefully selected. The operator of the tour will contact you to organise your meeting point and start time closer to the date of the tour