ATHENS BY NIGHT – FOOD + WINE TOUR
€69pp all inclusive
Tues, Thurs & Sat
Starts at 6:30pm
Feel the vibe of Athens by night, the city that never sleeps, exploring the restaurants and bars the locals prefer, whilst savouring Greek cuisine and local wines with this food and wine tour.
What you can expect
Your guide will greet you in Syntagma Square at 6:30pm before heading off for mezedes (small dishes to share “tapas” style) at a nearby modern eatery, to give you a tasty introduction to the flavours of Greek food.
Your food trail continues on foot exploring more of Syntagma and other central neighbourhoods including Monastiraki, Psyri and Thissio where you’ll discover city hotspots and where the locals like to eat and drink after dark.
This evening food tour includes a wine tasting presented by an experienced sommelier. From Malagousia to Savatiano, your palette will embark on a journey all over Greece as you get acquainted with the rich aromas and flavours of Greek wines.
By the end of the evening, you will have a thorough understanding (and love!) of Greek cuisine and wines that will set you up well for the rest of your time spent in Greece.
The foodie guides are passionate and knowledgeable about Greek cuisine and the hidden gems to be found in Athens. It is a fascinating way to explore the vibrant city of Athens with a local, that you might have otherwise avoided or missed out on.
All special dietary requests can be made in the notes section of your booking.
WHAT WE LOVED
* A great cross-section of “mezedes” and traditional dishes gives a good understanding of how Greek food should be enjoyed.
* Each tour has a maximum of 10 people participating which makes for a great social experience
* Perfect for singles, couples or groups travelling together
* Lots of food will leave you satisfied
* Can be customised for families with children on request
WHY ATHENS TIPS
* Go hungry!
* Try and organise this tour or the daytime food tour as one of the first things you do in Athens, as it will give you useful pointers of the foods you want to eat more of and places you want to go back and try in Athens
* Persons 11 years of age and older: €69 per person all inclusive
* Children between 6 and 10 years of age: €25 per person
* If you would like to organise this tour as a private group from 2 - 12 people or on a different evening of the week, get in touch with us and email us your requirements at: [email protected] or via the ‘Live Chat’ panel below.
- * Gratuities (optional)
- * Any personal expenses
- * This tour operates every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday evening, starting at 6:30pm in Syntagma Square (and will finish at the same spot). Details of the meeting point will be sent to you after you have made your booking
- * This tour is semi-private, where you will participate in a group size of no more than 10 people in total
- * All special dietary requests can be made in the notes section of your booking
- * This tour is conducted in English
- * All taxes are included in the price
- * In case of rain, you will be notified about any changes to your scheduled walk
- * You may cancel your reservation without penalty up to 72 hours before the scheduled tour date
- * If you cancel 48 hours before the scheduled tour date, 50% of the amount will be refunded
- * Cancellation 24 hours before or less does not entitle you to a refund
- * In the event that you do not honour your reservation and not inform us of a cancellation, the full tour fee will be charged.
- * Tours do not operate on Christmas Day, 26th December, Easter Sunday and national holidays.
- * This tour is independently run by a professionally licensed third party operator that we have carefully selected. The operator of the tour will contact you to organise your meeting point and start time closer to the date of the tour