ACROPOLIS FOR FAMILIES PRIVATE TOUR
A family-friendly licensed guide will keep your whole family engaged through enchanting stories, secrets and mythology that surround the Acropolis. Explore the temples that make up the ancient city of the Acropolis including the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion, the Caryatids and of course the iconic Parthenon.
Take in the magnificent views of Athens from above and learn more about the fortification walls still intact and visible from the Belvedere Tower at the southeast of the Propylaia, where the Hellenic flag is raised and lowered every day by the Evzone soldiers.
Visitors will also see the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the iconic open air theatre below the southwest slope. As you descend, you will visit the ancient theatre of Dionysus where theatrical performances took place in ancient Athens.
Fun facts, trivia and any questions you have about this sacred site will be answered by highly educated guides who are also specially trained educators to keep children engaged.
This tour offers the perfect amount of time for families with a descriptive and visual narrative of the Acropolis that will be tailored to your needs. Any special requests can be placed in the comments section of the booking panel.
WHAT WE LOVED
* Fascinating insights you won’t read about in guide books.
* Three children per group up to the age of 12 go free*
* A private Acropolis tour lets you by pass the crowds and move at a pace that is right for you and your family
* Entry tickets are all pre-arranged in advance, so there is no waiting around in lengthy queues.
WHY ATHENS TIPS
Wear comfortable walking shoes as there is an ascent up to the archaeological site. We would rate this walk as low to medium intensity, you don’t need to be super fit. Don’t forget your sunglasses, sunscreen and a good hat during summer.
There is a kiosk at the entry below the Acropolis that serves drinks and light refreshments. You are only allowed to enter the site with water.
The most delicious Greek yoghurt is close by, so be sure to check it out before or after your tour!
Persons over 11 years of age:
- €220 for 1 person
- €110pp for 2 people
- €85pp for 3 people
- €70pp for 4 people
- €58-70pp for 5-6 people
- Children up to 10 years old go free (up to 2 kids for free)
- 3 Children €30
- 4-5 Children €50
- 6-7 Children €70
- Entrance fee to the Acropolis payable to guide on the day at cost
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- * All taxes are included in the price
- * In case of rain, you will be notified about any changes to your scheduled walk
- * According to Greek law, only a licenced tour guide is allowed to take you to into an archaeological site, a church, museum or around monuments. Licenced and accredited guides in Greece undergo extensive study and training.
- * You may cancel your reservation without penalty up to 72 hours before the scheduled tour date
- * If you cancel 48 hours before the scheduled tour date, 50% of the amount will be refunded.
- * Cancellation 24 hours before or less does not entitle you to a refund
- * In the event that you do not honour your reservation and not inform us of a cancellation, the full tour fee will be charged.
- * Tours do not operate on Christmas Day, 26th December, Easter Sunday and national holidays.