CAPTURING THE ACROPOLIS – ATHENS PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR + WORKSHOP
Small Groups from €60pp
You pick the date & time
What you can expect
Athens is heralded with its raw and natural light. This two hour photographic tour and workshop will provide photography lovers the opportunity to capture this special light inside the ancient city of the Acropolis and create powerful images that tell a story, under the watchful eye of an experienced photographer.
Inside, you will capture sweeping landscapes from the belvedere platform and the city of Athens, as she stretches out from her surrounding mountainous ranges down to the Aegean Sea. You’ll make your way around to the Parthenon, Temple of Athena Nike and the Erechtheion, zooming in on their architectural features and the timeless Ionic and Doric columns.
Your tour and workshop begins at the base of the Acropolis, where you will meet your photographic guide for a briefing session, before climbing to the top of Acropolis Hill, walking through the imposing marble-gate of the Propylaea.
Other photographic opportunities:
- * The Odeon of Herodes Atticus
- * The ancient theatre of Dionysos
- * The numerous important monuments on the south slope of the Acropolis
The tour ends close to the Acropolis metro station for further independent exploration.
We have carefully selected this group of professional photographers as they are committed teachers and avid travellers and will be able to simply convey, useful and practical knowledge to improve your photography skills and capture the very best of the Acropolis. Each of the photographers have been professionally trained and have worked in the field for more than 20 years.
WHAT WE LOVED
* Photography opens up another dimension to this iconic and special place
* This workshop is easy to follow and suitable for people of all levels of experience
* Practical tips you can apply easily such as understanding light, composition and framing to create photos that make an impact
WHY ATHENS TIPS
* Professional gear or a DSLR camera are not required to participate in this workshop, even people taking pictures with iPhones can benefit and enjoy this workshop
* Try to keep your hands as free as possible by using a cross body bag or backpack during the workshop
* Wear comfortable walking shoes as there is an ascent up to the archaeological site. We would rate this walk as low to medium intensity, you don’t need to be super fit. Don’t forget your sunglasses, sunscreen and a good hat during summer
* There is a kiosk at the entry below the Acropolis that serves drinks and light refreshments. You are only allowed to enter the site with water.
* The most delicious Greek yoghurt is close by, so be sure to check it out before or after your tour!
Private Tour - How many are in your group?
- * €40pp for 5-6 people
- * €50pp for 4 people
- * €60pp for 3 people
- * €80pp for 2 people
- * €130 for 1 person
- Entrance fee to the Acropolis payable to guide on the day at cost
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- * This tour is offered in the mornings from 9:00am or 10:00am and in the afternoons from 3:00pm (2:00pm in the winter).
- * Your guide will provide you with photographic skills suitable to your level of experience covering such things as composition, angles and technical information. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a questionnaire form from the vendor to establish your photography experience and to better understand what you hope to get out of your workshop
- * Your photographic guide will not provide any historical or archaeological information during your workshop
- * All taxes are included in the price
- * In case of rain, you will be notified about any changes to your scheduled walk
- * You may cancel your reservation without penalty up to 72 hours before the scheduled tour date
- * If you cancel between 72 & 48 hours before the scheduled tour date, 50% of the amount will be refunded
- * Cancellation within 48 hours of the scheduled start time or less does not entitle you to a refund
- * In the event that you do not honour your reservation and not inform us of a cancellation, the full tour fee will be charged.
- * Tours do not operate on Christmas Day, 26th December, Easter Sunday and national holidays.
- * This tour is independently run by a professional third party operator that we have carefully selected. The operator of the tour will contact you to organise your meeting point and start time closer to the date of the tour